Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight Review



Okay, let's get this out of the way, THE DARK KNIGHT IS A GOOD MOVIE. As I'm sure some of you might construe my words to mean that I did not like the movie. I thought it was a very enjoyable film, but I personally do not feel it was as good as advertised. But, when people say it's the greatest movie they've ever seen, it's pretty hard to live up to those standards.

Everything was well done, and it was very solid. Heath Ledger's performance was undoubtedly AMAZING. He transcended any version of the Joker prior, and has firmly cemented his performance as the new bar by which all others will strive to equal. I also enjoyed most everyone's performances, and thought it was very well done.

But I reiterate, it was not the be-all end-all movie I believe people are leading you to believe it is.

Some of the criticisms I have of the movie are that it almost tried to encapsulate too much of the world of Gotham and the Batman lore into one movie. I believe the Joker was more than adequate to center a movie around (see "Batman", 1989), and the appearance of a certain other villain would have been best saved for another movie.

No comments: